Thursday, February 15, 2007

What am I doing?

It will be interesting to see if I can keep up with all these blogs I'm starting. This is the third I have started this week, but on none of the others did I feel comfortable rambling and sometimes that is what I want to do. Greg and I have been married for 14 years, we have five children, and I love being a wife and mother. My husband and children were chosen for me by God and I love them with all my heart and would never turn away from them. I am committed through thick and thin. I will be content and happy because I choose to be and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. It sounds like it isn't always overwhelming joy and happiness...it's not. Sometimes it feels like I'm in solitary confinement, even in the crowd. Sometimes it is such bliss, I can't imagine Heaven being better. That's the way life is. There is an old hymn, Day By Day, here is the first verse: Day by day, and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here. Trusting in the Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose heart is kind beyond all measure, gives unto each day as He deems best. Lovingly, it's part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest. Maybe I'll post another verse some day, they are all as good. Or, look it up and read them yourself. I can tell already, I will be posting here often. I don't usually have time to write a lot, and it isn't important enough to keep me from my other work. We are getting ready for a big trip, you know.

No comments: