Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Communication vs. Understanding

Maybe my post was getting too long, but I hit a bad button and lost the post I had been working on. Now I don't have the time to try to remember everything I said, so you can comment to get more of my thoughts. Basically, I know that everyone wants to be understood. (Ironic, that now you may not understand me). I used to feel that communication, being able to express your feelings in words that do not offend, was the key to being understood. I do not think so now. Understanding others has more to do with empathizing and compassion, and desire to understand. Questioning is helpful, but is not always as effective as time and patiently waiting. As a result, understanding does not always happen quickly, deep feelings express themselves slowly. And, it is a gift from God to be able to understand. We see what He allows us to see, and some things He does not allow. He is a good Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you hit it right on the nose. which in turn means your right.