Friday, February 16, 2007

Time, Cell Phones and Title Fulfilled

I find life so fascinating. I think about it often, but it is hard to talk or write about; its the emotions and feelings, the actions and reactions, the experiences, the constant passing of time. One morning when I stayed in bed longer than usual and Olivia was wanting me to get up, she was looking at the clock, asking me what time it was. It was seven, one, one, I showed her and told her 7:11. Suddenly it changed to 7:12 and she saw it and exclaimed to me that it changed and I told her that time just keeps moving forward, seconds to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days... time moving on, never stopping, going and going, never coming back, a need to hurry crept into my mind. It caused a sensation in me that felt close to panic. It didn't last for long. Any who know me, know I like to sit and think more than anything else. But, I found the experience fascinating, and I appreciate that about life. My days have been busy getting ready for this trip. There is so much to do. Yesterday I was trying to make a decision about cell phones. We have never had them and I called Verizon, Cingular and T-Mobile and asked them about their plans. T-Mobile was by far the most pleasant to talk with and had a plan that would be great for us, but their coverage is not as good as the other two (who were like talking to cars salesman on the phone). In reality, many of the places we will be will likely not have coverage from any of the companies, so we may as well go with the one we like... I suspect that will be the decision, but it isn't made yet. Today, the kids and I will be going out to the trailer to do a little more cleaning and figuring out more of the organization. It is raining, as usual here, so they will not be able to play outside much. I can't wait to get into some sunny weather. I will finish covering the last of the cushions this morning before we go. The trailer, inside, has been painted, all cushions recovered, all windows have new curtains. It feels like our home. Now I am ready to move in. There is just the extra stuff we have to be packed up or thrown/given away. There is a lot of other stuff to buy, do, etc., but I want to move in. We haven't lived in a place of our own for almost eight months and I'm looking forward to having a home again. It doesn't matter to me that it is a trailer or that we may not live in it for long, it will be ours alone, to do with as we please, or are able. If you are interested in our trip it will be recorded on the Our Trail blog (link above). That assumes someone might read this who doesn't know me... it could happen. I have fulfilled the title of my page today.

No comments: