Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So the routine is beginning again. We made it through the holidays despite another illness; some of the children are still getting the last of the scum out of their lungs. I feel hopeful that I will be able to pull my focus onto the things that need it. I feel God is already helping me to be faithful and diligent with my responsibilities. I probably accomplished more yesterday than in the last two weeks put together, though that may be the reason I am especially tired this morning.

This year I want to really work on becoming a better planner of our diet. I usually have a fairly good plan for a week at a time though after all the illness and vacation this has fallen apart and I'm constantly thinking "What are we going to eat for our next meal?!?" I do not like that question. I am determined to serve more vegetables and have good snack food available. Otto and Olivia both need to eat often and sometimes there isn't anything quick to grab. I have been spending more time in my Nourishing Traditions cookbook and it is so amazing! Granted I will probably never be into raw meat, organ meat, or seafood other than fish, but there is so much in that book that I want in our diet. My challenge is that a lot of it requires planning ahead. My first goal.

Although I do bike to the store quite a bit, I want to bike more. We have, over the holidays, acquired appropriate attire to help us ride more comfortably in the rain. It makes those few missing items a lot more obvious, like Greg's shoes. It will always be a work in progress, but as long as it is progressing we are happy. This, too, requires planning ahead.

Perhaps the most important goal I have is to spend more time focussing on my Saviour. I am not terribly deficient in the time I spend with the Lord, praying, reading, etc., but I feel a need to grow more. I do not have a plan in this area, but I have some thoughts. I suppose it may be that I want to be more evangelistic. I'm not sure. I will continue praying and thinking and listening.

Speaking of responsibilities, mine are calling.

No comments: