Thursday, August 9, 2007

Did we make a mistake?

It's beginning to feel like it. I knew that starting back at apartment living was going to be a real possibility and I was willing. I didn't know that no one wants to rent to a family with five children. I didn't know that Oregon regulations state 2 people per bedroom plus 1 (many places don't count the plus 1) and that means we have to find a 3 bedroom at least. There are a lot of things I didn't know. I didn't know there would ever come a time that I wondered if it was a mistake to encourage Greg to take our trip. There were so many times that he doubted the wisdom of the venture, but I was certain everything would work out fine. We are out of debt, we are together, we have some nice memories. We are homeless for over a year. Greg feels awful about putting us in this situation. We have been seeking desperately, daily for a place to rent and have found nothing. We are holding to some standards: Greg wants to be within bike commuting distance to his work (for him that's quite a ways), we want to have washer/dryer hookups or we will spend too much on laundry (convenience issue, selfish?), that's about it, of course our price range is the most inhibitive. But, I love that Greg loves his job and neither of us want him to be working all the time and never with the kids and me. Please pray for us. We need a home and Jim and Charissa need us to leave. They don't want us to feel that way, but its true. We need to leave soon.

No comments: